Tuesday, April 7, 2009

2 Bukit, 1 Batang

It's really ridiculous that Malaysian politics have finally come to the stage of 2 bukit and 1 batang. Many people are saying this tri-elections would become a referendum for Najib's administration. But I think it's rather unfair to give Najib such a heavy baggage. After all, he can't change the sentiment of the Rakyat overnight.

Although I am thousands of kilometers away, I'm following the results of the elections closely via Malaysiakini. Unfortunately, the main stream medias are better than useless when it comes to getting updated information.

Regardless, it's practically known from start that Pakatan will catch hold of the 2 bukits while BN will retain the sole Batang. The fact we have bukits and batang is a joke. Basically, the status quo remains and nothing has changed. The balance of power in the parliament and state assemblies remain the same. But a strong win by Pakatan indicates that time is running out for BN. If they are still not geared for some real work (which I've yet to see any real sincerity and commitment), then Najib must start preparing to sit on the opposite side of the parliament 4 years from now. It's not that I like Anwar, but I guess with the state of things going on, I think Barisan is headed for certain destruction.

Malaysians, prepare for the change soon.... looks like we are in for it real soon... I can't imagine Malaysia without BN in power. But then again, we must accept that the only thing constant is change.

No comments: