Saturday, July 18, 2009

Stay extended and it rained

My stay in Syria has been extended till the end of the month. It's only a few more days to go and I suppose I can bear with it although I'm dying to be back in Malaysia.

As if to mourn for my extension, the sky opened up and cried. It's been a long time since it rained. Summer is usually dry in Syria. So, it was a welcome to smell the fresh air as drops of water descended to earth. Only bad thing was my satellite TV reception was affected and I could not finish watching my weekly series of "Fringe". But as usual, the Arabian rain is nothing compared with the usual thunderstorms we have in Malaysia. It is more like a drizzle here...

So far, the summer has not been punishingly hot. It barely touched 40degC on only a few occassion. Most of the time, the afternoon heat is somewhat the same as in Malaysia (minus the humidity). The nights are still somewhat cool. But the wind is bloody strong. It is those kind of wind which will blow you off your feet! Thank God I'm not staying in the desert or surely the wind would've kicked up quite a severe sand storm. Nevertheless, the air in Jisr Shoghour is as usual dusty! It is amazing how much strength and tenacity the wind has. It has been blowing like this the entire summer with no sign that it will die down anytime soon.

No comments: