Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Farewell JB, Hello KL!

The previous weekend was my last in JB. It also marked the end of a 13-year affair with YTL. I first got acquainted with YTL Power back in '97 when I first got my scholarship. I first stepped into a YTL power station back in '98 for industrial training. I joined YTL Paka as a staff in 2001. And I got transferred to Pasir Gudang in 2002.

It was mixed feelings saying good bye to YTL Pasir Gudang after more than 8 years there. The place and its people have provided me a much cherished memory. It was an experience of warmth, friendship, teamwork, camaraderie, spirit of excellence and many more which are indescribable by words. The people of YTL is what made us distinctive from the rest! It's not easy saying good bye after sharing so much for so many years.

Nevertheless, people do move on and I guess it was also a long overdue move. So, although there was sadness, there were also feelings of excitement & anxiety. Excited to return back to home, anxious to start a new life and looking forward to a new job. I don't really know if things will pan out well after this, after so many years of rather comfortable and complacent environment. Nevertheless, nothing ventured nothing gained.

So it's time to start a new life. The beginning of better things to come (I hope). As for the memories and wonderful experience in JB, I would always cherish and remember. It was ironic that in my early years in JB, I used to complain about the place (with some other friends who shared the same thoughts). But after so many years, I've grown to call JB home, admitting I'm already a Johorean and generally liking the place. Good bye to my fellow colleagues, friends and KLite still in JB!

At the moment, my to-do list while I'm back in KL are as follows:
  • Report to work at the new company on 1 Oct.
  • Start renovating and preparing my new home.
  • Catching up with long lost KL friends, ex-classmates etc.
  • Putting up with those bloody traffic jams and chaotic parking.
  • Leading a more healthy lifestyle (going to gym at my condo, cycling again, jogging at Lake Gardens??)
  • Looking forward to a host of new activities that KL has to offer (more IEM talks, theater shows at KLPAC?, ....)

No comments: