Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Hot... hot... it's getting real hot.

HOT is the theme nowadays! It's been bloody hot the past week in JB especially two days ago. I checked on the control room terminal and found that the ambient temperature was 37 degC! Can you imagine that? It's almost like summer in the Middle East! And with the humid weather outside, I was sweating from early in the morning. Is this really global warming? I remembered when I was younger, I had no need for any A/C for a good night's sleep. But nowadays, no A/C, no sleep. It's definitely warmer nowadays.
Since we are in the subject of global warming, I would also like to promote a YTL initiative - "Climate Change Week". Catch screenings of 'The 11th Hour', get a copy of 'Wastenomics' or participate in a business conference entitled "ENERGY SECURITY AND CLIMATE CHANGE IN THE 21ST CENTURY". For these and more details please visit http://www.ytlcommunity.com/climatechange/ .
It is also getting all heated up in the parliament this week as the first parliament session after the elections commenced. We can definitely expect a more interesting and heated debate nowadays. I only hope we have less of the stupidity and monkey acts that we had in the last term. But somehow I'm not so sure. With some MPs who can hardly speak proper Malay and many who were conveniently voted into parliament, I'm afraid our expectations would not be met. Like some said, the last election, you could have placed a log as a candidate and he would've won as long as he was not on BN's side. But who knows? This is the best chance to see something positive coming out. And if not, at least it would definitely make interesting news every day in the papers.

No comments: