Saturday, April 26, 2008

I'm back! I'm back!

Some are still not aware that I've returned from Abu Dhabi for more than month. Well, I'm back! I'm back! In fact, I returned on the night of March 7, 2008. That was one day before the general elections which became nothing short of a tsunami - the election that kept people talking even till this day. Not a single day goes without some politics being discussed. Suddenly everyone has become political analysts, each giving their five-cents-worth of thought that could perhaps earn them a PhD in political science. Some have gone to theorize that the present debacle of BN was actually a conspiracy, yet again by the ruling elite! In fact some said it was a Singaporean conspiracy (hey I thought they were expelled out of the federation in 1965???) Some (rather myself) say that perhaps, the tsunami is also washing to the shores of Singapore - Uncle Lee better watch out!

And of course there is one arrogant dreamer who says he will be wresting control of the government real soon. Yes... he was the one who was part of the system, removed from the system and now appears to have never had anything to do with the system. But of all of them, I definitely enjoyed Dr. M's comeback. Or did he ever leave the scene?

Regardless, life in Malaysia has become so interesting what with the alternative media and bickering among the politicians. Conspiracy theories are flying around like daggers. I hope in the midst of all these, they do not forget that they are elected to run the government. I sure hope someone is still driving the steering. Otherwise, Malaysia will be lost in the wilderness as others strive ahead in today's competitive environment.

No comments: