Saturday, May 23, 2009

Friday at home

It's the Friday weekend again. Have been travelling around Syria almost every Friday for the past couple of weeks. But decided to spend this Friday at home instead. Gave the driver an off-day to bring his family for holiday at Latakia.

Tried my best to wake up as late as possible as I know I will have nothing to do for the whole day. Tried as I would, I woke up at 7.30AM. Tried to continue sleeping but 9.30AM was the max I could go. Got up, prepared some breakfast, surfed the internet and watched the TV.

By noon, I found out the "Perak Sandiwara" - the court declared that Zambry is still the "MB". I guess everyone knows who will win the elections should one be called now. I'm no legal expert, but power grabbing definitely doesn't endear the government to its rakyat. And by the look of things, UMNO is writing its own political obituary. But then again, Malaysians can be quite forgetful come next elections! I even read one blog that UMNO would dissolve the DUN soon. God knows what will happen. Malaysian politics is becoming pure crap by the day.

Well... watched Simpsons on Fox TV (They actually screened few episodes in a row... the series took up the whole afternoon). Watched old re-runs of Friends on MBC4. News on Al Jazeera, Patch Adams (Here and there) on MBC2. And as I'm typing this I'm watching the Americal Idol finale result show. In between all those I catch MTV Arabia which screens some nice MTV (English & Arabic).

Yeah.... you got my point... all there is to do is watch TV, TV, TV and more TV. That's how a weekend would be spent in Jisr Al-Shoghour!

No comments: