Friday, August 7, 2009

What is wrong with Gulf Air?

Had a most unmemorable flight on Gulf Air. No wonder, this is the only airline from the GCC which almost folded...
  • I had to wait for half-an-hour to check-in my luggage despite having only 1 person in front of me. The check-in crew was disorganized and she did not give me a seat-by-the-aisle which she has promised me!
  • My first flight from Damascus to Bahrain was delayed for more than an hour. Nobody was around to handle the impatient crowd and an Arab lady almost fainted in the commotion.
  • The flight from Bahrain to KL was even worse. It was operated by Jet Airways India. Apparently, the "flight attendant" button was merely a decoration on the console. None of the attendants bothered to respond to calls. In fact, I saw some just walking pass briskly ignoring calls from the passengers. I almost died of thirst trying to get a cup of water from them.
  • As we almost reached KL, breakfast was served without drinks. And they started collecting the breakfast even before we dug in. Still without drinks.
  • Flight attendants are generally not courteous, especially males. Reminds me of Qatar Airways.

GCC Airlines as ranked by me:

  1. Etihad Airways
  2. Emirates
  3. Qatar Airways
  4. Gulf Air

No comments: