Thursday, October 8, 2009

Freak storm

A freak storm hit Seri Alam area today. I was at Tesco that time and suddenly it started raining heavily and winds were so strong I've never seen such fury in JB. I could not see anything in front of me and my car was almost rocking in the wind. Somehow, in between the heavy gust and made it out of the car and went into the hypermarket. Surprisingly I met two friends there. We decided there was no way we are going to get out in the storm, so we decided to have tea. The wind was so strong, that everyone in the hypermarket were just staring out from the safe confines of the complex.

We thought probably, the sidelines of typhoon Parma has hit us as rumored through SMS. I left, when the storm has died down. Trees collapsed on every corner of the township, signboards downed, bill-boards turned over and rubbish strewn around. Flash floods were everywhere, and the monsoon drains have basically burst with water overflowing onto the streets. The roads were choked with traffic and it was utter chaos. A freak have suddenly strucked us without warning (except for SMS rumors about Parma which the Met has vehemently denied). It started suddenly and ended quickly. Perhaps it's another sign of the world climate going crazy!

Surprisingly, it seems that the storm has only hit this part of Johor. Later, when I went down to JB everything seems normal and there were no signs of any major storm. Surprising how localized weather can get.

No comments: