Sunday, December 27, 2009

Blackout in Masai

A blackout hit my neighborhood on Christmas night. The lights dimmed for half a minute and then it was all black. Fortunately the lights are back in my apartment in an hour or so. But it seems that till afternoon the next day, some parts of Megah Ria, Kota Putri etc. were still not having any power supply.

Apparently, the Kota Putri substation caught fire causing the blackout which affected Masai, Seri Alam and Permas too. I could still see TNB workers working hard to repair the damages. There were several trucks of diesel generators providing supply. Today morning, I could see a few badly burnt switchgear panels lying outside the substation - must have been quite a bad fire. And for the first time, I saw a mobile GIS substation. Something interesting for electrical people like me!

Well... unlike the moronic Namewee, I would not be cursing at TNB just because of a power outage. I'm sure they have been working hard to restore power as soon as they were informed. But I wonder whether anyone is gonna get into trouble for poor maintenance or defective protection in the first place???

No comments: