Saturday, December 12, 2009

Red Ocean vs Blue Ocean

Am thinking of getting a new laptop as mine is becoming quite slow lately. Anyway, I'll perhaps only do it next year as I need to make good use of the relief in income tax.

Anyway, I went to the PC Fair at Persada Johor today to scout around. I almost thought I walked into the wrong venue when I was swarmed by broadband promoters. It could have been a Broadband Fair rather. The sea of green, blue, orange and black was incredibly overhelming. Promoters packed the entire entrance into the hall until the fair organizers had to draw a line where these guys can go or the fair itself would be jam-packed with broadband promoters (it is anyway already packed with visitors). I thought it was a bit too intimidating and annoying. Hey, stop pushing into my face (provider after provider) the latest best deals in town.

The aggressive fight for market share by Streamyx, Celcom, Maxis and P1 is indeed intensified. It really gives a new dimension to the red ocean theory. These guys are really pitting against each other, swimming in the red ocean. Blood may flow soon! And the damn thing is broadband in Malaysia is plain shit and if these guys don't get serious in providing quality service, they might as well all drown in the red ocean.

As for me, I am waiting for YTL's Wimax which is claimed to be distinct from the rest in Malaysia (read: blue ocean). Let's see what they will have in-store for us when it is launched mid-2010.

No comments: