Wednesday, November 7, 2007

6 Countries in 1 Day

Was in China, India, Persia, Egypt, Tunisia and Andalusia all in one day, yesterday! Well... inside Ibn Battuta Mall, Dubai anyway. This shopping mall is made up of 6 courts depicting the above 6 civilizations. Quite a nice job done. The Chinese court really transports you to China with the red forts and bamboo shoots. Not bad... Had lunch with a colleague there - Chinese food (nothing like what we have in Malaysia, but then again I can't be too choosy in Middle East!)

Dubai is as it is - ever-changing, maddening traffic and construction everywhere. I visited to collect some parts from my manager who's now based there. It was only a day-trip but I think I'll come again one of these days to pay a visit to my friends there.

Can't wait for the weekend to come, I've planned a trip to Al Ain. Al Ain is an oasis town about 1 hour away from Abu Dhabi city. This is where natural greens can be found! I would also be going up Jabel Hafeet - the tallest peak in UAE. That will be my main pre-occupation for the next couple of days... Forget about work.

1 comment:

::sklc:: said...

Chinese food... had some in a Chinese shop in Chinchilla... didn't want to, but it was the only shop opened at that time... tasted more like Malay chap fan. I was surprised myself. Wish I hadn't gone there.