Monday, April 2, 2007

About cycling

This is me with my trusted bicycle. This is my usual mode of transport from camp to the plant. It is also very useful for moving within the huge power station complex. I've not cycled in years and I'm happy to have a bicycle here so I can exercise every day! Of course, the terrain is flat so there is not much effort to cycle unless if there's strong wind. Today I even cycled on the cliff overlooking the Persian Gulf. This is basically a desert cliff so one has to cycle carefully as thick sand will cause you to swerve! It's a nice sea view from here - very blue and clean ocean. I could see an island known as Sir Bani Yas which is now a restricted zone. It is some kind of wildlife sanctuary and apparently is a very beautiful island. Unfortunately, the government has barred anyone from entering it and nobody knows when this ban will be lifted.

2 comments:

::sklc:: said...

Bicycles & motorcycles are banned from the Kogan Creek site...

zuyao said...

What a pity... coz cycling helps a lot when you are in a big plant. Otherwise all the walking is tiring for the legs. But then again, you can always drive!