Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Can you survive without the internet?

In this modern era, you can’t live without internet. Due to some technical glitch, internet service was not available at work. Without that, I’m pretty much handicapped and there was little I could do at work until that is fixed. Anyway, I also had some cleaning up to do at the office. Cleared out some unwanted scraps, rearranged some papers and had some eye-to-eye discussion with the client. I had to remove the desert which has shifted into the office – aftermath of yesterday’s sandstorm. My Iraqi and German office mates are leaving site today, back to the comfort of their homes in Dubai and Berlin respectively. You can see here a picture of these 2 very cute colleagues of mine! There will still be another 2 colleagues (an Indonesian and a Filipino) who will be on-site for another 20 days. So, there’s still some company. The outage is over and there is a sense of peace and calm in the plant. Everyone deserved a good rest and is taking things slowly. For me, I’m looking forward to this weekend’s trip to Dubai - come sandstorm or hailstorm!

No comments: