Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Cyclone to hit UAE!

Guess what everyone? Tropical cyclone Gonu is about to hit UAE after battering neighboring Oman. Well according to the newspapers, it's going to bring thunderstorms throughout most of the country between this Thursday and Saturday. I hope this means my area as well! We badly need some heavy rains to cool down the temperature here. The apparent temperature has reached 51degC today in Abu Dhabi! The high temperature is okay except that by now the humidity occassionaly creeps up and that is unbearable. By the way, the picture here is that of what happened in Oman during the last storm in March!

Had a phone conversation with my project manager in Offenbach, Germany yesterday. Will be having a meeting with him next week. After that he will be meeting the client MD for final discussions. Hopefully, I'll get to confirm my departure date after that! Meanwhile, I'm excited that a cyclone is going to hit here! How nice!

1 comment:

::sklc:: said...

It's been raining non-stop in Queensland... I need some sun soon, I'm going to Gold Coast!!!