Monday, June 11, 2007

Rare Moments

A cloudy day is a very rare occurence in UAE. This picture was one that I took couple of months back during better times!

The cyclone Gonu which was supposed to bring us some rain has been a total dissappointment. It lashed the northern emirate of Fujairah causing some floodings. But for the rest of us here, it only brought down the temperature slightly to 38degC instead of the usual 45degC. And that was it... no rain, no drizzle, no cloudy day. There was one particular day though when humidity was exceptionally high because of Gonu. Could you imagine a fog at 30degC? That was a first for me anyway as I've only known fog to appear on cold days and 30 ain't cold.

Actually I remembered someone telling me (maybe in geography class) that deserts are very hot in the day time but very cold at night. As far as I'm concerned, it's terribly hot at day time and hot at night.

No comments: