Friday, June 22, 2007

Final completion soon

Alas, after 5 months of hard work, the final punch item was resolved yesterday. There was some initial setbacks in the morning when the new communication line installed for the gas chromatograph did not work. But a few phone calls later and lots of hard work, the system was put back in service with the punch item issue solved. All in all, this last bit of work took 11 hours but when it was done, there was a sigh of relief. Even the final most worrying job of clearing all the site office foundations was completed. The last signs of Siemens is now removed from site!

With that, we can now apply for final acceptance of completion from the customer. This also means my tour of duty in UAE ends here. I am still waiting for my flight to be confirmed. I am trying to get a flight on the 26th but so far I'm only able to confirm one on the 27th. Anyway, I have to start packng up and saying my goodbyes to all my customer engineers.

No comments: