Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Distraction of the flying sort

One the biggest nuisance in the Middle East is the Arabian flies. The flies here are a whole lot more friendlier than their counterparts in Malaysia. Their favorite past time is to swirl around right in your face and landing at strategic places like your nose or lips. And there are just so many of them here. I've no idea where they come from since I don't find any pile of garbage around. There is definitely no poultry farm or vegetable farm in miles. Usually, I've to spend some time swatting them after entering my office. Especially so during a sandstorm as the flies move in to seek refuge. They're also pampered by men's technology: A/C. And you don't have to worry about loneliness in the middle of the desert. The friendly insect will always keep you company at work, at lunch and while you are blogging. Yup, a little bit of Arabian hospitality! Well, the pics is some of my killings lately. Yes, we are savages here killing flies every day! It's either they die or I'll go insane...
This little insect with oversized eyes are also quite smart (I've learnt!) They know it when you are on the offensive and will try to lie low. Some even pretend to be dead after you've swat them! So the rule is swat them a few times until they're really squashed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hahahah!!! While reading this, a thought came to my mind...just imagine....going on a date...and tat moment of getting intimate....an arabian fly just decided to rest on the nose...hahahha...