Thursday, March 29, 2007

Of 'wet' day and other stuffs

It hardly rains here but when it happens it's always in bouts of heavy bursts. It rained last night heavily for maybe 10 mins and then it stopped. I was caught momentarily in the club house. It rained again in the middle of the night while I was asleep. The rain here so far has not been very heavy and doesn't last long. But it was a welcome change to the hot weather. After the rain it's much cooler and refreshing. It is now cloudy, windy and cool. The desert sand is now wet and although the wind is strong, it could not blow the wet sand up to create a sandstorm. Yipee! At least I'll have no sand in my ears for the next few days! The rain reminds me of a neighbor I once had. The family was from Bahrain. I remembered when they first arrived in KL they were so excited to see rain. Each time it rains, the children will be running out and singing in joy. Needless to say, soon they'll realize rain is no big deal in Malaysia!
And the sandstorm reminds me of Singapore! They are lamenting now that Malaysia and Indonese refuse to sell them sand for land reclamation. Hmmm, maybe they can try to buy some from U.A.E. There is enough sand here to go around and they'll help us big time to reduce sand storms!
Anyway, I've been quite informed about the weather conditions and forecast in Jebel Dhanna because I fear another sandstorm as well as the rising desert temperature! Hehehe, I'm not a fan of sand or heat.If you want to know the weather condition in my place, click here. This page gives hourly update of the weather, humidity, wind speed and visibility as well as a 5-day forecast. Quite good and reliable.

No comments: