Thursday, March 15, 2007

Sandstorm for real!

Gosh... I think this is a sandstorm for real! The weather has been going crazy the last few days. First it was strong winds (40km/h) blowing sand particles all over the place... You can see sand crossing the road as the wind blows. Some get lifted up and hit you in your face. The temperature has gone up to more than 30degC in the past few days (I think it touched 37degC). Humidity is low, so not much sweating but there's still the burning heat.
Then now the worst has come: today the sandstorm (or at least that's what I think it is, could it still get any worse?) hit. The sand is no longer crossing the roads only, they are now fully air-borne and if you walk out into the open desert, you are bombarded with sand! Not a nice feeling at all. Someone left the door open for a few minutes and it looks as if the desert has shifted inside. Surprisingly, the wind is not exceptionally strong (20km/h) and the temperature seems cooler (23degC). Maybe this is because, the sand has blocked the sunlight so we don't get much heat! Anyway, I hope this will stop soon because while the sand is blowing I can't work. Basically, I can only stay in the office and blog! A nice way to Ular! But hey, I can't even get out of the office now without getting bruised with all the sand hitting me. So meanwhile, I'll check out the tourist attractions in Dubai - seems very interesting.

2 comments:

::sklc:: said...

At least there is no such thing as a sand flood. Then again, maybe such things will occur in PASIR gudang if ever they could happen.

zuyao said...

There is no sand floods here but if it rains heavily after a sandstorm, some places will get flooded because the drains are clogged with sand. I've also heard that if it rains before the sandstorm is over, you'll have muddy water falling down from the sky!