Sunday, March 25, 2007

Tiring Weekend

It was a tiring weekend. Due to the outage schedule I had to work through Friday and Saturday. The shutdown was delayed by a day due to some problem with recommissioning of another unit. But the outage end-date remains unchanged. Pressed for time, I had to work through the weekend up to 8pm. Thank God I've stocked up some biscuits and instant noodles earlier as I was hungry every day by 6+ and had to eat something before leaving back for camp. By the time I reached camp in the darkness of the night, all I could do was bathe and hit the bed. But luckily everything was completed ahead of schedule and I can have some rest in the next few days. Ironically, the outage period has to be extended as well as there was some abnormal findings which may have some serious consequences. It has nothing to do with me but it looks quite grim for some people!

I'm glad that two of my German and Iraqi colleagues are on-site again. At least my office has more chattering, laughter and noise with them around. And I get to know a lot about Iraq from the perspective of an Iraqi. One good thing about working in this place is you get to meet people from different parts of the world. (Sometimes it can be annoying & trying - if you know what I mean). But it was interesting to meet people from India (from Mumbai, Chennai, Rajashthan, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh), Pakistan, Syria, Tunisia, Phillipines (did I spell it right?), Iraq, Germany, Italy... the list goes on. Ironically I don't get to meet many Emiratis unless when I'm in Abu Dhabi. Even that, they are clearly outnumbered! UAE is a melting pot of culture and the easiness in which it has embraced foreign 'talents' is quite impressive. Well, I'm gonna head back to camp soon. Finally I can finish work a bit earlier today.

1 comment:

::sklc:: said...

It is spelled 'Philippines' - Greetings from Kogan Creek Power Station!