Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Waiting, waiting...

There seems to be some big problem with one of the gas turbine. The fact finders found some metal chips (quite a lot) in the combustion chamber. They did some boroscopic inspection and found some damaged compressor blades. Nobody seems to know what has happened but it looks quite serious and the machine may need to be overhauled. This means big delay for the outage. Not that it really concerns me but I'm actually waiting for an outage on another unit to carry out some jobs. Meanwhile, I'm quite free and have run out of things to do! Well at least I can blog. Good news is more people will be on-site to look into this which means it will only be merrier!
Meanwhile, I'm planning my sightseeing activities in Dubai (دبيّ) Yup, I plan to make the 400-km journey north to the New York of Middle East - the city of captivating contrasts. I'm sure it'll be a nice trip. I've planned it to coincide with Easter Sunday long weekend and can't wait to see this city. Top on my visit list: Dubai Creek, Dubai Museum, Souq Madinat Jumeirah, Burj al-Arab, Mall of the Emirates and the many souqs in Bur Dubai & Deira. Burj al-Arab is of course the 7-star hotel! (I'm not even aware there are that many stars!) I can't enter it unless I'm a guest. But someone told me you can enter (under table) for US$50. Don't know about that, but I'll be happy enough to see it from outside. For a frank and good guide of Dubai by a VT member, click here. Do check the tourist trap post on Burj al-Arab! Interesting info there.
Meanwhile, another sandstorm is brewing out there! Yup, this is the sandstorm season. Think I'll get lots of it now the season is changing to summer.

No comments: