Friday, May 11, 2007

Counting the days

I have been in the UAE for 101 days! This is the longest I have ever been away from Malaysia. And probably this is the longest I’ve not gone back to home in KL. In fact I have been an illegal immigrant for the past 10 days because my visa has expired and my passport was in Abu Dhabi for visa renewal. Feels scary especially when there is always a military patrol around. And the past few days they even stationed an army right at the power station entrance!

I have another 51 days to go before I board the flight back to KL! Counting the days… The eagerness to go back home is building up. You know why? Coz some of the Arabs here are going to Malaysia for holidays and they are asking me for tips. Just what you need to make you feel home-sick! Apparently, Malaysia was voted by the citizens of UAE as the ‘Best Summer Holiday Destination’! Kudos Malaysia! Yup… Malaysia is definitely a favorite amongst Arabs when it comes to holiday. And with the summer now setting in, more Arabs will be headed to our ‘tanahair tercinta’ to spend their holidays. And big spenders they are too… a news report said that on average the Arabs spend RM1000 per day per person while in Malaysia. So come July & August (when summer is at its peak!), Bukit Bintang and KLCC will be Little Arabs!

Well... as far as I know my assignment end date will not be postponed. There are a few more important tasks to complete and we'll be applying for FAC - the final completion of this project. And with that, the EPC contractor will get a release for the performance bond and I'll get my release to return home!

1 comment:

::sklc:: said...

Sigh... home... I miss Penang a lot. With all the wedding preparations, my hometown buddies are bugging me to go home and spend time with them before I'm married.