Saturday, May 19, 2007

Weekend shopping

Went to Ruwais for my grocery shopping. Had a hair cut at the Indian barber shop. I have never been to an Indian barber until I come to Abu Dhabi but the service was good and I got a complimentary neck massage! Although I was a bit worried because he was engrossed in some Bollywood news on TV as he was cutting away near the sides of my ears!
Had my prata (roti canai) - not as nice as in Malaysia but enough to satisfy my craving for something Malaysian. And finally I bought myself a sun block lotion - I figured that I need it now with the scorching summer heat!
And guess what? I finally found Milo! And it's made in Malaysia too! Ok... maybe Milo is available in Dubai or Abu Dhabi city but I've been looking for some time in Ruwais and finally found Milo on the supermarket shelf today! Limited quantity too... I guess people here just don't drink chocolatey drinks. This is one of the things that you can hardly find in UAE and it makes a Malaysian miss home. Other stuffs - nasi lemak, pork, dim sum, trees, Malaysian, chap fan, to-fu and the list goes on....

1 comment:

::sklc:: said...

we get freeflow of milo (powder) in the pantry... i heard this is probably the only siemens site in the world with milo in the pantry.