Sunday, May 13, 2007

Hot... hot..

Wow… the temperature today really reached 44degC. You can really feel the extreme heat the moment you walk out of an air-conditioned building. The heat burns right into your skin and the sun seems to shine with added fervor! The heat wave is only abated slightly by the strong winds today. But then again, the winds are blowing from the south which usually means more heat is on its way here! You can feel the stuffiness in the air and perhaps it takes slightly more effort to breathe in air when outdoors. And the humidity is still low at around 30%. What will it be like when the humidity reaches 100%? I can now imagine why some say you can hardly breathe outdoors at that time! With such a weather, there is only one place to been in – a room with strong air-conditioning! Even that, I dare not set the temperature too low to avoid falling sick with the drastic difference in temperatures as I walk in and out of my office. The hottest part of the day is from 11pm to 3pm. This is when the sun is at its peak energy. There is now no stopping the summer heat and all I hope is for my swift departure from here!

No comments: